Breaking

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Astronomical Animations and Simulations

Astronomy is the branch of physics which discusses celestial bodies. It focuses on the origin of the objects and their evolution. To understand and visualize different terms and phenomena related to this field, Astronomical Simulations and Animations can be really handy

Below is the list of Astronomical Simulations that cover the vast field of the universe. In order to play these simulations and animations, you need flash player.

Basic Motion and Ancient Astronomy
Small Angle Approximation Simulation
Heliacal Rising Simulator
Big Dipper Clock Simulation

Coordinates and Motion
Meridional Altitude Simulator
Declination Ranges Simulator
Ecliptic Simulator
Union Season Demonstrator
Azimuth and Altitude Demonstrator
Daylight and Nighttime Simulator
Earth's Tilt Simulator
Longitude and Latitude Simulator
Celestial Equator Demonstrator
Path of the Sun Simulator
Sun Motion on the Celestial Sphere
Sun's Motion Demonstrator
Sun's Rays Simulator
Seasons Simulator
Coordinate System Comparison Demonstrator
Daylights Hours Explorer Simulator
Antipodes Simulator
Celestial and Horizon System Comparison
Sidereal and Solar Time

Reference: Astronomy Education

17 comments:

  1. My eldest son is really interested in astronomy. He has a telescope and it always telling me about the different constellations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is a great list, my 5 year old loves space, planets and anything related. I will definitely get him to check these out.

    - Jackie (Organised Mum Life)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I'll have to click the links and check it out. And I love looking up at the stars. What a beautiful night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked a few links and loved those. I would definitely go through all of them tonight, while watching the sky and falling in love with every part of it. Thanks for such great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am keen to learn more about astronomy. I have some books at home and really want to learn more so this is interesting x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish more people would study or follow astrology...it opens up such a whole new world once you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thus is super informative. I am very interested in astronomy. I will check these links.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, this topic is so wasted on me: I'm really not at all into this matter. However, it was a fascinating read - showing me what a moron I am ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I didn't know about this. There are so many workings about the universe that I don't know about. Sometimes, I even feel that I am left behind by my daughters who read up a lot about science.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back in grade school, astronomy was my favorite subject and i even asked my Dad for a complete Encyclopedia Britannica for that (no internet back then). It was a glorious days for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really interested in astronomy, it seems so mystical to me! There are so many thins to discover and to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be a good 'game' for those who love the astronomy. Your list very comprehensive since you recommend more than 10, woah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great useful links. me and my son use our telescope and look at the heavens sometimes. I do find it hard to explain somethings to him. Hope these will help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh thanks for sharing these. I've always been interested in Astronomy, would love to get a telescope one day!

    Ami xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know much about astronomy, but this is such a great resource. Lots of helpful links for further exploration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg. This is amazing. Need to check this out on my pc but def going to show my daughter! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great resource for anyone wanting to learn about astronomy. There's so much we can all learn!

    ReplyDelete